The 5 Essential Steps of Self-Publishing
[Approximate Reading Time : 3 mins]
Nearly everyone wants to write a book. While writing a book is a difficult undertaking, it’s what happens after that may separate the winners from the losers. To see your book published requires successfully navigating these mandatory steps:
- Complete the book. This may seem obvious, but until the book is completed it’s nearly impossible to move on. Some estimates say as many as 97 percent of writers never finish a novel they’ve started.
- Design the book. The writing is not the end of making a book. It needs a cover design, an interior design and the processing of art and other images.
- Edit the book. A professionally edited book is essential in today’s publishing world. Misspelled words, poor grammar and typos quickly identify the book as amateurish, which will likely doom it to failure. Editing services include the following:
- Text styling
- Link creation
- Distribute the book. A well-written book, professionally designed and edited, still won’t sell if nobody can find it. A distribution network is a way to get seen by potential customers.
- Enrich the book. There are many techniques for content enrichment, such as using media features to add video, audio and interactive augmentation.
Like most authors, you may be great at writing in your chosen field, but the rest of publishing may be a mystery. When you contact an industry leader, you get guidance through the essential steps of publishing.