Why you should publish your research thesis into a book?
[Approximate Reading Time : 3 mins]
The final thesis is like a newborn baby for a researcher. The researcher would have spent many restless days and sleepless nights to bring it into its final form. What if this baby gets a name and recognition, and makes its creator immortal forever? Your research thesis can outlive you if you are ready to publish it into a book. But there are numerous other reasons you should know to understand why you should publish your Ph.D. thesis into a book.
- To do an addition to existing knowledge – A Ph.D. thesis is an extension of an already existing knowledge. Then, why should you restrict it to only a handful of people? It deserves the attention of a much wider audience, and turning it into a book can make this happen.
- You can become an author – That joy of seeing your name on a book cover can only be understood by an author. Publishing your thesis can give you this happiness, along with the name and fame of an author.
- To be a part of the academic curriculum– Just imagine if your book becomes a part of some university’s curriculum, or is recommended by academicians to their students. This is only possible if you publish your thesis into a book.
- To earn money – You would have spent years toiling on your research work. There is no harm in trying to make some money out of it. Your published book can generate revenue, but not an unpublished thesis.
- It will benefit those working in similar areas– A book is much more accessible as compared to a thesis. Your book can help those students and scholars who are either already working in your area of research or who aspire to.
- Your thesis will get documented with an ISBN – Your thesis will get documented forever with a unique ISBN (International Standard Book Number). It has its benefits.
- It will help you extensively in your career – There is a huge dearth of creative people in industries. Having your book published, will not only earn you respect as an author but will also strengthen your resume.
- You will be able to connect with a larger audience – Usually, a research thesis enables a researcher to connect to a restricted academic circle. But, if you publish your findings into a book with some modifications to your thesis, you can reach a larger audience with better chances of followers.
To know more about the conversion of your thesis into a book talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.buuks.com. You can also download and read the self-publishing guide created by BUUKS for free.